Course bookings and enrolment now open for students of CIPFA’s Professional Accountancy Qualification.
Selected course bookings available from next week.
The first cohort of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy’s (CIPFA) Counter Fraud Centre (CCFC) has completed a specialist qualification in countering fraud and corruption in public services.
The unique qualification comes as the CCFC continues to demonstrate its leadership in the field and its commitment to helping organisations to better detect, prevent and recover fraud losses.
The CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist qualification (CACFS) is unique in the marketplace as it focuses on improving the anti-fraud culture within organisations from across the public services.
Head of the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre, Rachael Tiffen commented:
“I am delighted that the first cohort has completed the qualification with such success. The positive feedback we received hammered home the fact that the Centre is offering services that ensure public sector workers are well-equipped in the fight against fraud and can now better understand the ever-changing landscape that threatens our services.
“CIPFA has long argued that it is important for counter fraud work to be recognised as an intrinsic part of an organisation’s good governance. This first cohort of professional counter fraud officers is now equipped to use the most up to date techniques, analytics and tools taught in new qualification to serve the public interest in the organisations they work for.”
The first cohort of delegates come from different finance positions across local authorities and public services in the UK. Case studies are available upon request.
The qualification is accredited by CIPFA and by the University of Portsmouth’s Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board. The Board was set up with ministerial backing with strong support from the NHS Counter Fraud Service; it has overseen over 14,000 accreditations across the public sector from Councils and the Department for Work and Pensions to HM Revenue and Customs.
The delegates will be the first to be automatically included on the Professional Register of Counter Fraud Specialists held by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board.
The CACFS is worth 60 Level 4 credits at a Higher Education Institution, which would count as advanced learning and attract exemptions from the courses offered by the University of Portsmouth’s Centre for Counter Fraud Studies and others.
About the Counter Fraud Centre
CIPFA, the global expert in public finance management, launched the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre (CCFC) in July 2014 to lead and co-ordinate the fight against fraud and corruption across the public services.
Headed by Rachael Tiffen, former Deputy Director of the National Fraud Authority, it is dedicated to helping counter fraud practitioners both here and abroad:
• Save money by increasing organisations’ ability to detect, prevent and recover losses from fraud.
• Protect reputations by providing access to a comprehensive package of tools, training and consultancy to manage and minimise risk.
• Develop valuable skills by offering new professional qualifications as well as CPD modules that explore the latest counter fraud threats and issues.
To achieve these aims, the Centre offers counter fraud practitioners a range of services:
• Through a subscription service, the Centre gives organisations across the public services everything they need to effectively combat fraud, including access to expert thought leadership, tools, regular updates on changes in the fraud landscape and the opportunity to share best practice.
• The Centre is now supporting England’s counter fraud and anti-corruption strategy for local government, Fighting Fraud Locally.
• The Centre has developed two new qualifications – the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (CACFS) and the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Technician (CACFT) – which are ideal for those wanting to strengthen their team’s skills, gain a professional qualification or build a new career in fraud.
T: +44 (0)20 7543 5703
T: +44 (0)20 7543 5830
T: +44 (0)20 7453 5787