The group will be the key way for CIPFA to connect with the internal audit community
The key activities of the group include:
• providing insights on the issues and challenges internal auditors are experiencing
• providing feedback to CIPFA on its products and services
• supporting a programme of thought leadership from CIPFA with suggestions for articles or longer research pieces and contributing articles themselves
• supporting CIPFA products and services with suggestions for conference speakers or topics of interest to internal auditors
• feeding back to any regional or sectoral groups on CIPFA activities or forthcoming events
• opportunity to work on internal audit related projects
• opportunity to network with other internal audit practitioners.
The group is an advisory group and does not have a decision making role. CIPFA’s role as the standard setter for internal audit in local government is supported by the Internal Audit Standards Advisory Board, cooperating with the other standard setters for internal audit in the public services to support the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS). The Special Interest Group does have a role in supporting CIPFA in its role as the standard setter by providing a forum for raising issues of interest to internal auditors in the practical application of PSIAS.
The group is supported by Diana Melville, Lead Advisor for the CIPFA Better Governance Forum.