Comparative data sets
We provide over 100 individual comparative data sets grouped as follows:
- Comparative Profiles – comparative data indicators collected from key public sector data sources
- Corporate Services Benchmarking Clubs – measuring the cost and performance of service delivery
- CFO Insights – an online analysis tool for those aspiring to improve the financial position of their local authority
- CIPFAstats – more than 30 annual surveys of local authority operations, capturing information on all of the main activities from education and social care through to housing and waste management
- Fees and Charges – are your service charges in line with your peers?
- Social Care Benchmarking Clubs – comparative data for all aspects of adult and children’s social care
- VfM Indicators – HM Treasury specifically recommends collecting and reporting on back-office performance for organisations with more than 250 employees
- VfM Toolkit – an easy to use, visual tool, the VfM Toolkit allows you to track the costs and performance of your services and compare them to your peers.
To discuss which comparative data sets best suit your needs contact us on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 020 7543 5600.
Comparative data and benchmarking
CIPFA benchmarking clubs look at the key functions affecting efficiency in your organisation, in areas such as finance, governance, revenues and benefits, HR, legal and democratic functions.
CIPFA is the market leader in local government comparative data with years of experience. Our team offers you unrivalled expertise and operates to the highest standards.
All our reports are prepared using extensive analysis and robust validation of data. To help you get the maximum benefit from your report, we give you access to all the raw data, plus a tool to help you analyse it further.
We also provide access to review meetings that provide an opportunity for you to come together with your peers and share best practice from the exercise.
How we can help you
Our benchmarking exercises are designed to answer questions such as:
- How are you performing?
- Are you performing better year on year?
- How does your performance compare with that of peer organisations?
- Are you providing value for money?
They also provide an opportunity to answer your questions:
- Can we learn anything from other organisations?
- Where exactly does our performance fall short?
- What level of improvement can we realistically expect to make?
All of the above questions are applicable no matter how your services are delivered, whether in-house, via shared services or contracted out.
- Over 100 data sets available, providing you with a one-stop shop for comparative performance data.
- All areas of local authority activity covered which means that we have something for everyone.
- Avoid costly mistakes and learn from your peers to reduce your project implementation costs and timescales.
- Over 100 years’ experience means that we understand your issues and challenges.
- We can link a wide range of additional services to support your complete transformation projects.