Our interactive tools for both Benchmarking and CIPFAstats services allow you to:
- easily select those areas of your service you are interested in
- deepen your understanding of how well your service is performing
- choose with which other local authorities you would like to be compared.
Check out how they work by clicking here for Benchmarking or here for CIPFAstats.
Comparative data sets
We provide over 100 individual comparative data sets grouped as follows:
To discuss which comparative data sets best suit your needs contact us on E: email@example.com or T: 020 7543 5600.
Comparative data and benchmarking
CIPFA benchmarking clubs look at the key functions affecting efficiency in your organisation, in areas such as finance, governance, revenues and benefits, HR, legal and democratic functions.
CIPFA is the market leader in local government comparative data with years of experience. Our team offers you unrivalled expertise and operates to the highest standards.
All our reports are prepared using extensive analysis and robust validation of data. To help you get the maximum benefit from your report, we give you access to all the raw data, plus a tool to help you analyse it further.
We also provide access to review meetings that provide an opportunity for you to come together with your peers and share best practice from the exercise.
How we can help you
Our benchmarking exercises are designed to answer questions such as:
- How are you performing?
- Are you performing better year on year?
- How does your performance compare with that of peer organisations?
- Are you providing value for money?
They also provide an opportunity to answer your questions:
- Can we learn anything from other organisations?
- Where exactly does our performance fall short?
- What level of improvement can we realistically expect to make?
All of the above questions are applicable no matter how your services are delivered, whether in-house, via shared services or contracted out.
- Over 100 data sets available, providing you with a one-stop shop for comparative performance data.
- All areas of local authority activity covered which means that we have something for everyone.
- Avoid costly mistakes and learn from your peers to reduce your project implementation costs and timescales.
- CIPFA's over 100 years’ experience means that we understand your issues and challenges.
- We can link a wide range of additional services to support your complete transformation projects.