Benchmarking is a vital tool that helps drive improvements and deliver value for money. By measuring your back office functions and comparing performance to similar organisations, you can identify where changes are needed and improve efficiency.
Public services fraud costs the taxpayer an estimated £21bn a year, of which £2.1bn relates to local government. With fraudsters becoming increasingly sophisticated, all public services organisations are more vulnerable than ever to criminal activity.
This benchmarking club captures data that will help you to assess how your counter-fraud function compares to the wider public sector. It complements the work of the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre and Better Governance Forum and is endorsed by Fighting Fraud and Corruption Locally.
- The structure of counter fraud within your organisation.
- Costs and income generated by the function.
- Staffing numbers and levels of training.
- Split of time across activities, eg reactive detection, formal detection, pro-active.
- Numbers and type of cases, eg entitlement, tax, procurement.
- How your organisation calculates the value of fraud.
- Methods of prevention and checks undertaken.
- Recovery of losses and methods used.
Join and you'll benefit from:
- clearly defined and well-presented questionnaires
- helpline and email service
- detailed comparative reports
- club database, interactive report, collated text questions
- access to review meetings.