The CIPFA regulatory services and trading standards comparative profiles have been developed in response to requests from local authorities from across England and Wales.
The comparative profiles enable you to examine how your service costs and income compare to your peers. The profiles provide decision makers with a quick, inexpensive way to engage with comparative and benchmarking data, to support evidence-based decision making for your transformation projects.
What is included?
The profiles look at the following key aspects of academy provision:
- income and expenditure
- employee, occupancy and supplies and services costs
- free school meals and pupil absence
- pupil teacher ratios and salary levels
- achievement for Key Stages 2, 4 and 5
- GCSE results by subject area and average point scores
- progress at different attainment levels
- value-added measures.
The comparative profiles pack
You will be provided with an academies benchmarking pack, tailored to your individual academy and containing two sets of profiles, which compare your academy to:
- all other academies within your region
- your designated family group.
There are a number of benefits from signing up:
- professional reports from a trusted source
- no additional work required as they draw on data returns already made
- it will help you to understand your costs and performance better
- spotting potential areas for savings and improvement
- identifying academies who are performing well
- saving time and money on analysing the data yourself
- evidence for performance assessments
- understanding your figures better before finalising your next AAR return, and
- get involved and help us develop the profiles to be even better.