The first UK Anti-Corruption Plan was published in December 2014.
It sets out the UK’s current anti-corruption activities, the actions that government will take to tackle corruption, and the priorities for raising international standards and leading the global fight against corruption.
For the Plan to be a success, every public service organisation will need to ensure that they have the right knowledge, skills, systems and policies in place.
- Do you have a system in place to spot the signs of corruption?
- Have your staff been trained to spot ‘improper’ hospitality?
- Do you know how many corruption allegations you have investigated over the past five years?
- Do you know how many whistleblowing calls you have had on corruption over the past five years?
- Do your policies and systems include good practice on anti-corruption?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the questions above, our health check service will be relevant to you.
How does the anti-corruption health check work?
One of our experts – Rachael Tiffen, Head of the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre, Les Dobie, the Centre’s Head of Training, or John Baker from Moore Stephens, the leading consultants and specialist investigators – will meet with you and your team.
They will guide you through a comprehensive checklist that we have created with Moore Stephens to evaluate your anti-corruption readiness.
Having established your current circumstances, they will suggest a number of actions that you could take to meet the Plan’s commitments and give you the tools necessary to complete these.
For example, this may include updating your policies, in which case you will be given template examples to use.
For more information and to arrange your health check, please contact us on T: 020 7543 5600 or at E: email@example.com.
One of your subscription benefits
If your organisation subscribes to the Counter Fraud Centre, you will receive a 10% discount off any fees.
- The service’s expert advisers will remove the guesswork and save you valuable time.
- You will understand the steps your organisation needs to take to respond to the Plan.
- You will be able to access the resources and tools that are recommended.