Our experts can help with the overall performance of your property portfolio with strategic advice that can help to deliver significant savings. There is a need for outsourced and flexible help as organisations are stretched to meet current and future demands.
We are able to provide a full and varied advisory support service for the public sector, drawing on other specialists at CIPFA.
The range of services include:
- high-level asset management 'health checks' – undertaking an audit of existing asset management policies and practices, identifying areas of strength and weakness and providing an improvement plan. More information here and here
- strategic asset management planning – providing advice and support to ensure the requirements of audit and good practice are understood and appropriately embedded within the authority
- property strategies – providing support in the production and implementation of a focused corporate property strategy, relevant to the needs of the particular organisation, including place-based asset management. PDF available here
- service asset management planning – advising on the format and content of effective service asset management plans and how they should link with the corporate property strategy
- option appraisals – providing an understanding of the principles behind option appraisals, how to apply these principles in the corporate decision-making process and how to ensure consistency across the organisation
- property reviews – providing support in the development of a review methodology, and ensuring it includes appropriate levels of challenge and consultation, and is applicable to different property portfolios
- portfolio performance – reviewing the availability of property data and how this can be used effectively to measure and monitor the performance of the property portfolio
- occupancy efficiency assessment – allows us to create detailed intelligent CAD files that will maximise your building efficiency. More information here
- compliance monitoring audit – to check whether the processes and procedures are robust and stand challenge, thus giving property managers the confidence that they are meeting their obligations. More information here.
Director CIPFA Property
David is a Chartered Building Surveyor, Chartered Building Engineers, Registered Access Auditor and a Fire Risk Assessor. David joined CIPFA is 1999 and has been responsible for the property division since 2003.
RICS Qualified Surveyor, CIPFA
Chris Brian is an RICS qualified surveyor within the CIPFA group. For 17 years Chris has delivered the CIPFA’s Asset Management Network and Property Training Network as well as advising on asset management issues throughout the UK and undertaking a range of related consultancy.