Asset management is a topic of growing significance, both nationally and in a regional content, and local authority assets have an increasingly important role to play in the government's modernisation and change agenda.
This TISonline information stream shows how local authorities can ensure they manage and use their property and other capital assets efficiently and effectively, identify good practice approaches and keep abreast of current issues.
- legislative requirements and government guidance
- data and records
- policy setting, sustainability and option appraisal
- effective use of accommodation and other assets
- community asset transfer
- performance measurement and value for money
- risk management.
This information stream forms part of TISonline, CIPFA’s online information resource for public sector finance practitioners. Our information streams cover the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies, giving you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
How to access this service
If your organisation already subscribes to this TISonline information stream, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.tisonline.net using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe and you’ll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.