TISonline Insurance is a comprehensive guide to insurance in the public services. Aimed at insurance practitioners in local government, it’s updated by an editorial board of experienced practitioners. It examines insurance as one method of transferring risk within an organisation and outlines the different types of insurance available. It also outlines recommended practice across a number of local authority functions, and explains the legislative framework underpinning local authority insurance.
- organising and insurance programme
- insurance policies and contract wordings
- insurance administration and claims handling
- working with other organisations
- recommended practice.
This information stream forms part of TISonline, CIPFA’s online information resource for public sector finance practitioners. Our information streams cover the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies, giving you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
How to access this service
If your organisation already subscribes to this TISonline information stream, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.tisonline.net using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to E: email@example.com.
Subscribe and you’ll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.