Access data early enough to be useful in planning budgets and identifying efficiency savings for the coming year. The easy to use VfM Toolkit includes district and unitary information.
What does it do?
The VFM toolkit allows you to interpret complex statistical information easily. The interactive toolkit allows you to compare key performance indicators for your council, compared to similar authorities, and the results are presented in easy to understand graphical format.
Services grouped on the top left are good value, bottom right are services offering poor value. The graph allows you to drill down into detailed statistics that position your performance against nearest neighbours.
Why do you need it?
- It is a visual tool that gives you the best strategic view of your services comparing cost and performance and allowing you to see that information in relation to your peers.
- The toolkit allows you to identify areas where efficiency and value for money might improve.
- The Localism Act 2011 includes a communities right to challenge, which allows organisations to express an interest in delivering a service that the local authority currently provides. The tool will help authorities show evidence of value for money.
What our customers say
'The CIPFA VfM Toolkit is a useful tool designed with the involvement of local authorities. It enables meaningful comparisons to be made to both aid and evidence the decision making process for the delivery of Value for Money.'
George Spiteri – Value for Money and Performance, Lincolnshire County Council
'The VfM Toolkit has helped us to ask some difficult questions, consider unit costs, undertake useful comparisons, gain an understanding of best practice used elsewhere, consider local circumstances when making decisions and suggest ways of improving the toolkit.'
Philip Simpkins – Chief Executive, Bedford Borough Council
- Data is refreshed three times a year to ensure information is up to date.
- You can select estimated financial data or actuals.
- Saves you time in collecting data from government departments.
- Feedback through a consultation to help us shape the service – making sure it meets your needs.