About this Course
Jointly developed by HM Treasury and the Welsh Government, Better Business Cases™ provides candidates with a systematic and objective approach to the complete lifecycle of business case development.
Utilising the HM Treasury Green Book Guidance on Public Sector Business Cases
and the Five Case Model
, this accredited training considers how business cases are prepared, reviewed and challenged in order to teach participants how to develop high-quality, collaborative business cases that offer real value to the business.
The full accreditation is delivered in two stages – Better Business Cases™ Foundation and Better Business Cases™ Practitioner, with students having to pass the Foundation qualification prior to sitting the Practitioner.
Who is it for?
- Decision-makers, managers and business case developers required to successfully deliver programmes and projects.
- Project managers and teams responsible for proving a case for investment.
- Officers involved in the review of proposals.
- To understand the lifecycle of business cases in relation to the Five Case Model.
- Business case framework including how to address key questions.
- A structured way of thinking.
- A step-by-step approach.
- Collaborative working.
Better Business Cases Foundation e-learning
We are now delighted that we can provide our best practice guidance and the Foundation exam through e-learning. Review the demonstration video on our CIPFA YouTube channel for an overview of the quality of the graphics, engaging material and interactive content.