About this course
The CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre has developed the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist qualification to protect the public purse through prevention, detection and recovery of fraud.
This accredited training teaches participants the specialist counter fraud knowledge and skills required for effective end-to-end management of fraud, and why it is so vitally important for organisations within the public sector to take accountability and assist law enforcement in eradicating fraudulent activity to safeguard public funds.
Featuring case studies drawn from across public bodies, the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist syllabus has been set by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board in conjunction with the University of Portsmouth’s Centre for Counter Fraud Studies, and focuses on economic crime to enable students to experience practical scenarios while learning counter fraud best practice methodologies.
Who is it for?
- Practitioners in the public sector with counter fraud responsibilities.
- Investigators, investigator managers, supervisors and internal audit staff.
What will you learn?
- Principles of legislation for the counter fraud specialist investigator.
- Building the anti-fraud culture.
- Investigation process and case management.
- Investigative interviewing and courtroom skills.