The AFEP CFO retreat provide members with the opportunity to come together in a relaxed informal setting and meet with other forces across the UK. Delegates will hear from a range of fantastic speakers and take part in facilitated strategic discussions with other forces to reflect and share effective best practices.
AFEP CFO Retreat, 27–28 September 2023
The AFEP CFO retreat 2023 was hosted at the beautiful Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club and Spa in Warwickshire on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 September, where delegates started and ended the day with lunch in the ornate Palms Conservatory.
As part of the AFEP membership, members received one place per force and one place per PCC finance to attend this exclusive event. We encouraged CFOs unable to attend to nominate their deputy or another senior leader on their behalf.
AFEP CFO Retreat, 23-24 September 2022
Our AFEP CFO retreat in 2022 took place on 23-24th September at Jury’s Inn, Leicestershire with up to 80 CFOs and senior leaders in attendance.
The theme was around Strategic Leadership and explored the Future of Police Sector Finance through a variety of interactive workshops, Q&A panels and guest speaker sessions.
- Gavin Stephens: Chair of the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC), Host
- Nicola Allen: Treasurer for the OPCC Devon and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, President of PACCTS, Host
- Gamal Turawa: Keynote Speaker at Purple Frog Connections
- Vicky Pryce: Economist and Business Consultant
- Garret Emmerson: Former Chief Executive Officer of the London Ambulance Service (LAS)