Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mr Tony Jose Woodhams
#1 Posted : 01/02/2018
Organisation: Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council

Hi all

I am starting a consultancy engagement on Corporate Policy Maintenance, to include a review of how we handle strategies, policies, plans, procedures, and guidance notes and to compare against best/good practice.

Searching online I have found a "policy on policies" for NHS Litigation Authority and NHS Wales, both of which give definitions, approval/review processes, ownership and version history, template samples etcetera and appear to be good examples of best practice.

I was wondering whether any Local Authorities had such a policy in place, and if so whether anyone would be kind enough to send me a copy?

Many thanks

Tony

Tony.Woodhams@tmbc.gov.uk
Amanda Hunt
#2 Posted : 01/05/2018
Organisation: Lincolnshire County Council

Hi

Have you received any responses on this?

I am just starting a similar piece of work and was wondering what other Councils do to record policies produced by the Council, ensure they are reviewed and any links with priorities etc are apparent.

I am interested to see if anyone has a dedicated system for this or if not how they manage the policies.

Do Authorities have standard templates for their policies?

Does anyone have a decision making template? We are looking into this so that when a decision is made the implications of this are identified and actioned i.e. decision to move offices may impact on various HR policies, links to corporate priorities, may incur risks etc.

Thanks

Amanda

Amanda.hunt@lincolnshire.gov.uk
LCCIAS
#3 Posted : 18/10/2018
Organisation: Leicestershire County Council

Hi both

Did either of you come with anything useful on this?

I was at the BGF event on professional practices and we were discussing something along these lines.

would be helpful to receive anything