Work for leading public sector employers while you study
We have some great trainee and apprentice opportunities available throughout the year for motivated individuals who want to start a rewarding career in public finance and accountancy. You could be placed with a leading public sector employer on a three year fixed term contract with full sponsorship to complete the CIPFA Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIPFA PQ).
Get in touch to find out more about our trainee and apprenticeship programmes.
CIPFA trainee and apprenticeship vacancies
Surrey County Council
Job title: Finance Graduate Trainee
Location: Woodhatch Place, Reigate
Salary: £27,991-39,246, with progression linked to exams
Number of vacancies: Two
Application closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview date: 18 July 2022
Starting date: Autumn 2022
Aimed at forward-thinking graduates who want to make a difference to local communities, the Finance Trainee programme at Surrey County Council provides you with a breadth of practical experience and support to study for a professional accountancy qualification, enabling you to develop into a senior leader of the future. It's a great time to join us, with an exciting financial improvement programme in place, a strong community vision for Surrey.
Key to ensuring we have the right financial capability, systems and processes for the future is the award-winning finance academy, a range of learning and development tools equipping finance staff and managers across the organisation with the skills to realise our goal of excellent financial management.
During your training programme you will be given opportunities to experience a range of work covering every aspect of financial management. You will:
- participate in the budget planning and financial processes for directorates and services
- be involved in the annual budget setting and closure of accounts processes
- use analytical skills and techniques to interpret financial and non-financial data to inform decision making
- contribute to the development of financial systems, processes and data quality
- provide support, advice and challenge to managers and staff across the organisation
- volunteer to participate in projects and working groups and share learning experiences
- be an active contributor to activities of the Finance team and the continuous improvement of financial management capabilities across the Council.
- 2:1 undergraduate degree in any discipline, or demonstration of academic ability up to the standard of such degree
- GCSEs in Maths and English, grades A-C
The assessment centre will take place the week commencing 18 July 2022, at Woodhatch Place in Reigate. Final interviews will take place at the beginning of August.
How to apply