London Division operating statement
The London Division is part of CIPFA South East, which provides some funding and support.
The Division was set up to cater for the needs of 2,000 members who work in and around London (within the M25). One aim is to promote seminars, which provide an opportunity for members to meet regularly in a social and relaxed setting.
- The Division organises three seminars each year.
- Seminars are aimed at the widest possible audience of CIPFA members, trainees, associate members and diploma holders.
- Topics chosen reflect CIPFA's membership base and are aimed at all the areas of the public sector it serves. the focus is on professional and technical issues faced by the qualified practitioner.
- The personal development needs of members, trainees, associate members and diploma holders are recognised and accommodated.
- The Division also organises specialist seminars from time to time.
The Division sends a mailshot about each seminar. It aims to attract:
- an audience of at least 80 delegates to its seminars containing subjects of general appeal
- an audience of between 40 and 50 delegates to its seminars containing specialist subjects.