The CIPFA Professional Qualification is the premier qualification for professional accountants, financial managers and auditors specialising in the public services
The format of examinations and the style of questions reflect a range of subject areas, including technical and numerical topics, management, policy and strategy. Each exam includes questions that assess the candidate's knowledge, skills and application. There is progressively more emphasis on the higher level skills at the Professional Diploma and Strategic stages.
CIPFA Professional Qualification examinations are designed to be fair, transparent and consistent.
To deliver our online exams and practice tests, CIPFA have partnered with Calibrand.
CIPFA and Calibrand are pleased to announce the new CIPFA Assessment player is now live. To improve the test experience, we have:
• updated the graphics
• removed the rarely used on-screen calculator
• removed the workings pop-up window – your workings should always be included in your answers as they could score marks
• added new question navigation
• changed auto-saving of answers to every 30 seconds.
What you need to know and do
• Update your bookmark to the CIPFA Assessment link: https://cipfa.calibrandtest.com
• Always use the latest version of Chrome browser.
• The new CIPFA Assessment system is designed to run exclusively on Google Chrome and does not require assistance from your IT team.
• Delete Test Manager software (previously used for offline exams). This is no longer available. All exams should be taken using the new Assessment Player.
Accounting ratios/formulae/stats tables are no longer available as a separate pdf file. The relevant information will be embedded within the exam questions, where required. The modules affected are as follows:
• Company Financial Reporting
• PQ Public Service Financial Reporting
• Financial Management
• IPFM Public Sector Financial Reporting
We encourage you to share your feedback and any suggestions for improvement you have with us at firstname.lastname@example.org