CIPFA and C.Co
Public services face unparalleled challenges over the coming years, and CIPFA believed the scale of challenges required new thinking and a fresh approach.
CIPFA believed that the traditional consultancy approach, which supports the sector, needed to be reinvented to meet the challenges ahead. That’s why we’ve created C.Co – a consultancy service staffed by leading practitioners from across the sector. This subsidiary, which is part of the CIPFA Group, has its own separate style and identity but benefits from CIPFA’s wealth of knowledge and expertise.
C.Co is a value-driven service, which puts integrity, creativity and sector expertise at the heart of everything we deliver.
What’s more, as budgets are squeezed, we understand that price matters. We don’t carry the same costs as traditional consultancy firms, which means we deliver solutions at a more affordable public sector rate, which are also IR35 compliant.
C.Co offers a package of services for public service reform, improvement and efficiency in the public sector.
We have worked with over 100 clients across all parts of the UK including central government departments, the LGA, Local Authorities, the NHS, Police, Housing Providers, the independent/private and third sector.
The C.Co team help out with the big thinking, AND the heavy lifting. We pride ourselves in delivering positive change, something our clients will testify too.
C.Co services can broadly be categorised as follows:
- Organisation Design & Governance: Ensuring your organisation is fit to succeed in light of future challenges – structured to meet its core objectives, with the right accountability and responsibility at every level.
- Research, insight & Good Practice: Giving you access to insight, knowledge and best practice from our work, our extensive experience and our partners across the sector, as well as research and development expertise to fulfil your needs.
- Project & Change Management: Giving you the confidence in your change and transformation projects, enabling successful implementation and ongoing development.
- Behaviour & culture change: Making sure your organisation’s behaviours are aligned to your business outcomes for ultimate success and growth.
- Engagement & Consultation: Working with you to ensure your staff, stakeholders and communities play apart in the design of your projects and services.
- Leadership: Helping leaders and leadership teams set direction, modernise strategy and ensure outputs are deliverable.
- Evidence based business cases: Providing a collaborative, transparent and robust approach to decision-making, allowing stakeholders to identify ‘what’s in it for them’ and giving you the assurance needed when considering some of your biggest challenges.
- Business Process: Ensuring your processes are effective, efficient and customer focused, ensuring everything your organisation does adds value.
- Options Analysis: Helping you to identify opportunities, assess options and ensure your decisions stand up to scrutiny.
- Financial Modelling: Assessing the current financial position of your organisation, or helping ensure your future plans are fit for purpose.
- Commercialism: Helping public sector organisations with commercial ambition to be successful – we support all activity from embedding commercial behaviours and identifying skillsets to considering new ways of working and establishing trading companies.
- Commissioning & Contract Management: Providing the confidence and assurance that your organisation’s contract management and commissioning procedures are robust, effective and risk based.
Every organisation we work with is different, so we offer tailor-made services that can be designed to your brief. To find out more about C.Co services click here.
We believe that well tested theory and rigorous evidence is important but that it’s irrelevant without practical delivery; and good delivery requires the right people for the job.
Our team is made up of people who have vast public sector experience. From change management and policy specialists to front line practitioners like social workers, District Nurses and Police, we have built our organisation around two key things, our expertise and our values and beliefs. Further to this, our trusted connections across the sector means that we are able to supplement our team with experienced colleagues, from commercial advisors and board room specialists, existing and former directors, chief executives and many more. All of them sharing one thing; the passion to make a difference.
To find out more about C.Co visit our website.