These profiles enable you to examine how your service costs compare to your peers. They provide key decision makers with a quick, inexpensive way to engage with the most recent DCLG Revenue Outturn data, to support evidence-based decision making.
What is included?
The profiles look at the following key areas:
- overall income and expenditure
- education services
- adult and children's social care
- public health
- highways and transport
- housing services
- environmental and regulatory services
- cultural and related services
- planning and development, and
- central services.
The comparative profiles pack
You will be provided with a local authority expenditure profile pack, tailored to your individual authority and containing three sets of profiles, which compare your authority to:
all authorities across England
- all other authorities within your region
- your nearest neighbiur grouping.
In addition, you will receive an interactive Excel tool to enable you to analyse the data further and export charts for your own reports. You will also be able to request an additional profile compared with any selection of authorities at no additional charge. For examples of what you will receive, check out our sample report.
There are a number of benefits from signing up:
- professional reports from a trusted source
- no additional work required as they draw on data returns already made
- it will help you to understand the performance of your services better
- spotting potential areas for savings and improvement
- identifying authorities who are performing well
- it saves you time and money on analysing the data yourself
- evidence for performance assessments
- understanding your figures better before finalising your next RO return
- getting involved and helping us develop the profiles to be even better.