Building on CIPFA’s 130 year history of championing excellence in public finance management, we are committed to helping you:
- prevent, detect and recover financial loss
- protect your organisation’s reputation
- develop your team’s counter fraud skills.
We offer training
and a range of products and services
to help organisations detect, prevent and recover fraud losses.
In the fight against fraud and corruption, working closely with others is essential and we regularly collaborate with the City of London Police, the Local Government Association (LGA), the National Crime Agency (NCA), Cabinet Office, NHS Protect and the National Audit Office (NAO).
We lead on the national counter fraud and anti-corruption strategy for local government, ‘Fighting Fraud and Corruption Locally’ and were named in the UK government’s 2014 anti-corruption plan as having a key role to play in combatting corruption, both within the UK and abroad.
We also conduct the annual CIPFA Fraud and Corruption Tracker (CFaCT), the national overview of all fraud, bribery and corruption activity throughout the UK public sector.
In 2016, we launched the inaugural Government Counter Fraud Awards
with the NCA and Cabinet Office. The awards recognise the exceptional work being done by organisations and individuals to improve fraud and corruption defences across the public services.
- We offer a subscription service,which is the most cost-effective way to access the resources your organisation needs to help combat fraud and corruption.
- Our range of training courses and events is unequalled, covering investigative skills, anti-bribery and corruption strategies and fraud risk management.
- Our advisory board is comprised of leading figures from across the public sector counter fraud profession.
- You can register to receive our emails and get the latest counter fraud news and updates delivered to your inbox.
What fraud and corruption challenges does your organisation face? Get in touch with our customer services team to find out how we can help you.
Counter Fraud Centre Training and Learning Manager
Les is the CCFC’s head of training and has over 30 years’ experience in economic crime investigation and fraud risk management in both the public and private sectors.