CIPFA Property is a trusted partner to highways professionals and provides practical advice and support to local authorities seeking information on asset management and planning for highways and transportation.
Why is there a need for the HAMP?
These are very challenging times within the sector, which is confronted with:
- reduced budgets placing increased focus on driving efficiency gains and doing more with less
- implementation of the new risk based code from October 2018
- coping with an environment of financial cuts and competing internal demands for revenue budgets, through innovation and different ways of working
- increased public scrutiny of spending decisions and their impact on the condition of the road network
- a more commercial approach needed by local authorities
- developing a resilient network as recommended by the Government’s Transport Resilience Review
- the economic climate placing a burden on organisations to demonstrate the positive impact of the highway network asset on local regeneration initiatives
- the environmental impact of the use of the highway network asset, and the ned to demonstrate how strategic management of the network can make a positive contribution to improving air quality
- political changes resulting in uncertainty around programmes for government and central policy developments.
The HAMP network will provide you with a vital tool in ensuring you stay up-to-date with the latest developments, legislative and technical issues.
Benefits of membership for your organisation
The Highways Asset Management Planning (HAMP) Network gives your organisation access to a wealth of benefits, including:
- tapping into expertise – access to practical support, ideas and advice from our strategic advisors, we are here to help you solve your problems
- putting you in control – pre-paid and flexible delegate places to each of the three series of HAMP events per subscription year which you can use when you like during the membership year to attend HAMP events in January, May and September
- networking opportunities with peers and colleagues at the events. Ability to make ‘calls for help’ raise issues and share experiences and approaches with peers in around 100 other Authorities through our dedicated discussion forum
- cutting edge access to the latest good practice from other members of the network – bringing you the latest innovation and bright ideas
- on topic popular news updates and briefings – practically putting in context what is happening around the UK
- saving you time – more practical tools, templates, processes and standards for you to take away and adapt in your organisation and to save you reinventing the wheel.
What we will focus on over the membership year
The HAMP Network provides frequent updates on topical issues related to the strategic management of the highway network asset. This information is vital in shaping your plans and strategies.
More programme details, speakers and dates will become available to you shortly.