CIPFA Property is a trusted partner to public finance and property professionals in their delivery of efficient management of land and buildings.
Managing public sector property estates effectively can deliver value for money, enhance public services – and create wider economic, environmental and social outcomes for local communities.
The SAN network is essential for managing public sector land and buildings portfolios
These are very challenging times within the sector, confronted with issues such as:
- reduced budgets and pressures on revenue placing increased focus on efficiency gains forcing organisations to be innovative, flexible and responsive to change
- climate sustainability continuing to be an area of increasing importance, with councils expected to set the example
- a more commercial approach needed by local authorities, seeking opportunities to generate more income, balancing risk and reward, and to generally be more business-like in all areas
- making capital decisions and ensuring asset strategy is firmly locked into capital planning within the organisation
- the economic climate placing a burden on organisations to demonstrate the positive impact of property assets on local regeneration initiatives and deliver social value for neighbourhoods and communities
- housing demand growing with shifting demographics resulting in pressure to build new homes and keep up with wider service demands
- increasing need for partnership working with both public and commercial sector bodies and implications for the property estate to deliver efficiencies and service improvement for customers
- political changes resulting in uncertainty around EU membership, programmes for government and central policy developments.
The SAN will provide you with a vital tool in ensuring you stay up-to-date with the latest developments, legislative and technical issues.
What the Strategic Assets Network will enable you to do
- Connect with key strategic initiatives and translate them into practical solutions that improve infrastructure and estates delivery functions.
- Learn from good practice elsewhere and make evidence-based decisions, supporting organisational efficiency.
Find out more about all this and more, including subscription costs, in this SAN membership plan.
To view full information about the SAN please download the SAN membership plan. To subscribe please complete the subscription form.
If you have any enquiries please contact our customer services team on T: 020 7543 5600 or email Denise Edwards.