Combining data and bespoke workshops to improve adult social care and children's services
With the current economic environment and the added strain of the COVID-19 pandemic, there's more pressure than ever on finance and social care professionals to provide improved service outcomes and meet the needs of users. Our Social Care Enhanced Insights enable finance and social care professionals to utilise data in identifying opportunities for improvement and making informed decisions in achieving these goals — delivered as efficiently as possible.
A key step in achieving this is the establishment of a baseline for social care service delivery. Such improvements can result in reduced costs, transformation services for those who depend on it, and assurance to wider stakeholders. CIPFA and Peopletoo are dedicated to helping local authorities deliver quality social care and public services. Together, we support public sector organisations in addressing these issues to achieve better outcomes through our Social Care Enhanced Insights' focus on cost and demand, the service user experience and digital innovation.
What do CIPFA's Social Care Enhanced Insights offer?
The insights are accessed through a dynamic PowerBI dashboard report that can be easily accessed anywhere, any time. This is supported by a facilitated workshop with Peopletoo and CIPFA. By subscribing, we can help you:
- understand your organisation's costs, demands and performance
- review performance trends and identify areas for improvement
- network, exchange insights and good practice
- further inform discussions with your integrated care system
- highlight opportunities where savings could be made through better management of costs and demand
- gather key management information and provide assurance in comparison to other regional local authorities and to nearest statistical neighbours
Alongside the platform, the accompanying two-hour workshop aims to:
- provide a detailed understanding of performance and costs, including comparisons against statistical neighbours and best practice
- delve into the detail of what your benchmarking data means, considering local context and your current financial plans and transformation programmes
- explore the potential challenges and opportunities to improve performance, outcomes and to better manage costs
- produce actionable insights on financial savings, service improvement for social outcomes and assurance of existing costs, savings plans and growth projections
How do I sign up?
Local authorities can subscribe to the service from October 2021. Once you've submitted your organisation's data, it will be uploaded to our systems and analysed by our experts. From the end of January 2022, you will be granted access to our online platform to obtain reports and schedule a preferred workshop date and time.
Please note that the subscription period for the 2022 financial year will close in February 2022. Any new subscription requests will be evaluated on a case-by case basis.
Find out more
To learn more about how CIPFA's Social Care Enhanced Insights can help support your organisation, or to subscribe, contact our customer services team: email@example.com