TISonline Guide to the Council Tax England is aimed at practitioners administering the tax and will act as a useful reference guide for all finance managers and professionals in local government, which has been the principal system for collecting local taxation since its introduction in 1992.
It includes annotated legislation and commentary, decisions of valuation tribunals, a summary of relevant case law and a comprehensive library of relevant Statutory Instruments passed since 1992.
- Local Government Finance Act 1992
- setting of council tax
- referendums relating to council tax increases
- valuation tribunal cases
- case law digest
- Statutory Instruments.
This information stream forms part of TISonline, CIPFA’s online information resource for public sector finance practitioners. Our information streams cover the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies, giving you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
How to access this service
If your organisation already subscribes to this TISonline information stream, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.cipfa.org/tisonline using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to E: email@example.com.
Subscribe and you’ll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.