CIPFA's CPD is flexible
It caters for CIPFA members who work inside and outside mainstream accountancy and audit roles.
CPD year and cycle
CIPFA members select their CPD year. The year can be based on a calendar, financial or appraisal year and a three-year CPD cycle.
CIPFA members must complete 120 hours of CPD activities over three years with a minimum of 20 hours in any one year.
Our CPD training and development resources include short courses and longer accredited programmes. CIPFA aims to help you meet CPD requirements with tailored support. See our training pages and events database for details.
CIPFA employer accreditation
- Members who work for CIPFA Platinum Accredited or CIPFA CPD Accredited Employers are already part of a professional development programme that meets our CPD requirements. You will not need to complete CIPFA’s CPD Learning and Development records, or maintain a portfolio of evidence. Your appraisals are adequate.
- Members who work for CPD accredited employers do need to complete an Annual Members’ Statement confirming CPD participation.
- Members must keep their employer details up to date in 'My CIPFA'.
- Find out how your employer can apply for accreditation.
- Learn more about our accreditation scheme and download our application form.
- Confirm your participation.
Every year, members must complete the CPD declaration section in the Annual Members’ Statement. This is to confirm participation or exemption from the CIPFA CPD scheme. Complete the statement by logging into 'My CIPFA.