About the course
The public sector is becoming more commercial in its outlook and practices, driven largely by continuing budget pressures, the need to generate extra revenue and to effectively manage an increasing number of partnership arrangements, joint ventures and private sector contracts.
CIPFA’s Commercial Mini MBA is designed to help you meet these challenges head-on while retaining your public sector ethos.
The course follows a similar format to a full MBA course, using a very high level overview of core techniques taught in business schools, namely: strategy, marketing, commercial finance and operations.
It will help you to develop a commercial approach to planning, designing and delivering services and on completion of the course, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to:
- define what ‘commercial’ and ‘commercial strategy’ means for you and your organisation
- more readily identify and exploit commercial opportunities
- change your own and your colleagues’ attitudes toward opportunities and risk and become more 'risk savvy'
- be better able to judge what is possible from a financial, political and managerial standpoint.
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at managers and their professional advisers in finance, HR and other disciplines looking to develop a more commercial mind-set.
The CIPFA Commercial Mini MBA is completed over 5 days of classroom learning.
Below is a summary of the course modules.
- Strategies for commercialism (two days)
- Finance for commercialism (one day)
- Marketing a commercial service (one day)
- Implementing a commercial approach (one day)
There is no assessment for this course.
The programme can be delivered in-house at your location, saving you valuable time and money.
This is especially cost-effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation’s unique needs and context.
For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
£2,200 +VAT per delegate (open course only).
This course carries 35 CPD hours.