About the course
The Finance Business Partner (FBP) model offers a fresh way of meeting the numerous challenges faced by the public sector and is wholly supported by CIPFA.
It enables finance practitioners to use their expertise to advise and guide decision makers – giving them a better understanding of the financial implications of their operational and strategic policy decisions.
Our Level 7 Certificate focuses on the skills, knowledge and expertise required to operate effectively as a FBP. Blending on-line and classroom based training and using a range of methodologies and current best practice, it will enable you to:
- support your organisation from both a strategic and operational perspective
- maximise your influence and the professional support you can offer
- maximise and enhance the relationship between finance and non-finance professionals across your organisation
- place finance at the heart of decision making
- develop a more commercial approach.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Existing FBPs
- Those who may become FBPs in the future
What our delegates say
Watch this short video from West and South Yorkshire Police. They recently completed their CIPFA Level 7 Certificate in Finance Business Partnering, as part of a back office transformation that will see them move towards an FBP model.
The course is completed over approximately 10 months. This includes:
- four days of classroom learning
- approximately 100 hours of additional work to complete course reading and assessment requirements.
Below is a summary of the course modules. Please download the course brochure for full details.
- Module 1 – Finance Business Partnering
- Module 2 – Commercial acumen
- Module 3 – Communication and presentation skills
- Module 4 – Behavioural skills and emotional intelligence
- Module 5 – Influencing skills: impact and presence
- Module 6 – Transformational change
In addition to completing the modules, you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence that records:
- evidence of learning and critical analysis for each module
- how the skills you have developed have been translated to the working environment the development of your ability to undertake specific tasks.
On successful completion of the modules and assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate (Level Seven) in Finance Business Partnering.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership. If you’re not already a CIPFA member, this is a great way to access a wealth of resources and networking opportunities.
To find out more and apply, click on ‘Other professionals’ at: www.cipfa.org/join
The programme can be delivered in-house at your location, saving you valuable time and money.
This is especially cost-effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation’s unique needs and context.
For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
This course carries 130 CPD hours.