Better Business Cases Foundation 2023
This course provides you with foundation stage accreditation on the HM Treasury Green Book Guidance on Public Sector Business Cases Using the Five Case Model. It is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification. The advertised cost includes the examination fee.
A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members. If this applies to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your booking.
If you are a self-funder booking onto the course, full payment will be required prior to the event start date. This can be actioned by selecting the pay by card option. Alternatively, you can contact our customer services team to make a payment.
30 Oct 2023 09:30
31 Oct 2023 16:30
£880.00 excl VAT
Network Member Price
About this event
If you work on developing or reviewing business cases, HM Treasury is recommending that you are accredited on the Better Business Cases programme, which has been jointly developed by HM Treasury and the Welsh Government.
The classroom learning is delivered via virtual classrooms. You will be provided a link to join each workshop online. Our trainer will be there to greet you and the other delegates, and we aim to deliver just as we would if everyone was together in a physical training room. For best results we recommend the use of webcams. Your trainers will be available throughout the programme to provide support, you will have access to recordings of all module presentations and we will arrange online group clinic sessions during the course.
Who should attend?
Decision-makers, managers, business case developers and project managers and teams.
How will I benefit from attending?
The foundation course will give you:
- increased knowledge of the process for developing an effective business case that has public value at its core
- the ability to better scope and plan investment decisions
- the skills to develop a robust framework for transparent decision-making and quality spending proposals
- a recognised qualification to relevant standards
Through reference to the Five Case Model, HM Treasury’s Green Book, and a range of exercises and case studies, you will understand how to address key questions:
- Is there a compelling case for change?
- Does the preferred investment option optimise value for money?
- Is the proposed deal commercially viable?
- Is the spending proposal affordable?
- How can the proposal be delivered successfully?
- / Efficiency
- / Financial management
- / Transformation
- / Value for money