All CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount.
About the e-learning
Finance departments are re-designing themselves to incorporate finance business partnering as the front-line of their efforts to demonstrate that they add value to decision-makers.
This e-learning sets out the thinking behind finance business partnering as well as the practical steps involved in becoming a trusted adviser and how to create real impact on the strategic decisions and direction of your organisation.
You may also be interested in our one-day introductory course, which explores some of the e-learning content in more detail.
Who is it for?
The e-learning is ideal for those wanting to understand the concept of Finance Business Partnering ahead of planning to adopt a business partnering approach, or who have implemented business partnering and want to sense-check their approach.
The e-learning covers the following topics:
- definitions of business partnering, its history and its importance in adding value
- what business partners do, how they behave and the attitudes, skills and behaviours needed
- the challenges to the idea of business partnering and to implementing business partnering
- ways to overcome the challenges at an organisational, departmental and individual level
- lessons for business partnering from trusted internal advisers and consultants
- changing the priorities and strategies for the finance department
- personal strategies for implementing changes in the workplace, personal action plans and areas for further development
How is it delivered?
The e-learning is delivered online via CIPFA's online learning environment. Detailed joining instructions will be sent to you.
How long will it take to complete?
The e-learning will take around four hours to complete and you will have access to the learning materials for six months.
The e-learning costs £99 +VAT.
This e-learning carries four CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
For full details visit www.cipfa.org/cpd
Extend your learning
If you are interested in developing your knowledge further, the course naturally leads to CIPFA's Diploma in Finance Business Partnering.