- Home \
- Training \
- Introduction to Local Authority Accounts and Closedown
Introduction to Local Authority Accounts and Closedown
This FAN open training course will provide delegates with a solid understanding of local authority financial reporting requirements under the UK Accounting Code of Practice, the contents and structure of local authority financial statements and the main considerations in relation to the closedown process supporting those statements.
30 November 2023
£345.00 excl VAT
Network Member Price
£295.00 excl VAT
About this event
Who should attend?
The programme is designed primarily for those new to local authority accounting and financial reporting, exploring the different elements of the accounts and the processes involved in the preparation of local authority financial statements.
It also provides useful context for members of staff outside of corporate finance who might be supporting the accounts closedown process.
How you will benefit
The training will provide attendees with:
- An awareness of the regulatory framework for local authority financial reporting and how that is fulfilled through compliance with the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the UK (the Code)
- A greater understanding of the differences between revenue and capital expenditure, the financing of that expenditure and how it is reported in the accounts
- An overview and understanding of the main elements of a set of local authority accounting statements and the key messages being communicated
- An overview of the considerations and areas of good practice for supporting the accounts closedown process
- / Accounts closedown
- / Financial reporting
- / IFRS
- / Local government
- / Police
Speaker - David Ellis, FAN Advisor, CIPFA
David joined CIPFA in July 2012 as a FAN advisor, after a 30 year career in local government. He spent several years as chief accountant with key responsibilities for the statement of accounts.
Tel: 07879 665950