PTN IFRS16 Leases - A Valuers Perspective
The changes to the accounting requirements will become effective from 1 April 2024 (or sooner where a local authority has elected to implement early).
The new standard will bring with it significant changes for lessees. If you’re a valuer, and work for or on behalf of a local authority, your skills and expertise are likely to be called into play.
If you would like to know more about the new standard and how your role as a valuer will contribute to the preparation of the accounts, this is the training event for you.
10 October 2023
£375.00 excl VAT
Network Member Price
£325.00 excl VAT
About this event
The event will provide an understanding of:
- the principles of IFRS 16 Leases
- the interpretation of a contract and decisions around whether it falls within the scope of the standard
- requirements at the transition date and initial measurement of property lease interests
- subsequent measurement requirements, including application of revaluations - with practical examples
- the standard implications for lessors
- how valuers may contribute their property, valuation skills and expertise to the preparation of the accounts
In addition, the event will give delegates an opportunity to ask questions or seek clarification on the application of the standard to their organisation
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the preparation of property valuations for financial accounts, particularly where an authority leases in property assets
While primarily aimed at valuers, this event is likely to be beneficial for accountants, property managers, and legal professionals likely to be involved in decision and policy making around the new IFRS 16 Leases requirements.
How will I benefit?
- Be able to understand the implications of the new IFRS 16 Leases standard for both lessors and lessees
- Understand the role of the valuer in assisting the client with lease identification, interpretation of terms and key dates
- Understand the valuation approaches and methodology to be applied for lessee accounting property measurement
- Have an appreciation of how the skills of the valuer will contribute to the preparation of an authority’s accounts under the new standard
Four and a half
- / Financial management
- / Financial reporting
- / IFRS
- / Local government
- / Value for money
Speaker - Donna Best, Property Advisor, CIPFA
Donna joined CIPFA in March 2020 as a property advisor. She is a member of the RICS and Registered Valuer, with some 30 years experience in the property industry including local government. where she headed property teams and was responsible for overseeing the preparation of annual capital accounting valuations. .
Speaker - David Ellis, FAN Advisor, CIPFA
David joined CIPFA in July 2012 as a FAN advisor, after a 30 year career in local government. He spent several years as chief accountant with key responsibilities for the statement of accounts.
Tel: 07879 665950