- Home \
- Training \
- Practical Implementation Of Corporate Landlord
Practical Implementation Of Corporate Landlord
The term ‘Corporate Landlord’ is regularly bandied about, but what does it mean in practice?
CIPFA Property have been asked into numerous organisations to review their approaches and how close to the ‘ideal’ they are. Clearly, the principles of Corporate Landlord are sound, and when operated appropriately it has the potential to deliver effective, efficient and even agile property services.
14 November 2023
£375.00 excl VAT
Network Member Price
£325.00 excl VAT
About this event
We see so many iterations however, and there is no consistent universal understanding. Everyone seems to be doing something slightly different, albeit that many common areas for improvement come up repeatedly.
So as an organisation are you close to the ideal? Are there areas of improvement that would benefit what you do?
The aim of this event is to provide some practical clarity about options within the approach, and to determine how it can be used to best effect within a public sector organisation.
We will use a workshop approach to challenge delegates on where they feel their own organisation sits on the ‘Corporate Landlord Scale’ and explore how improvements might be made whilst at the same time demonstrating some of the barriers that may be encountered.
The event will:
- Provide an understanding of the principles of a Corporate Landlord approach and what it can (and potentially cannot) deliver in practice
- Enable delegates to understand where their own organisation sits in relation to a Corporate Landlord Approach and how they may benefit from targeted areas for improvement.
- Provide examples at a practical level how implementation can change work practices and culture.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved either directly or indirectly in strategic issues affecting local government, and in particular the strategic management of property assets, and that wish to:
- Connect with key strategic initiatives and translate them into practical solutions for your property management
- Learn from good practice elsewhere and make evidence-based decisions, supporting organisational efficiency.
This might include strategic delivery managers, strategic property managers and asset managers, strategic finance managers, corporate policy and performance managers, and anyone involved in the strategic management of property assets.
How will I benefit?
- Be able to assess where their own organisation currently stands in relation to the implementation of a Corporate Landlord Approach.
- Understand the potential benefits and improvements that could be made in their own working environment.
- Have an appreciation of how to implement a corporate approach to property management
- Asset management
- / Efficiency
- / Local government
- / Property
Speaker - David Bentley, Head of Asset Management, CIPFA
David is a professionally qualified quantity surveyor with over 35 years’ experience in the public and private sectors. He has been with CIPFA since 1998 and in this time has become known as one of the leading UK experts on property and asset management within the public sector.
Speaker - Jane Lowrie, Associate, CIPFA Property
Jane is a chartered surveyor with over 35 years’ experience in the property industry. For the past fifteen years, she has focused on the development and implementation of strategic asset management within the public sector. Jane worked for CIPFA as a Property Advisor for over seven years and is now working as a CIPFA Associate delivering professional training and consultancy work to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness in the way public sector land and buildings are managed. During 2017/18, she worked for the ESFA providing technical advice on the Capital Efficiency and Capability Programme, in particular in the development of the Good Estate Management for Schools guidance.
You might also be interested in