If you are a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) and the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) you are eligible to apply for membership of CIPFA - the globally recognised membership body for the public sector.
Being a member of CIPFA will increase your current professional status, respecting the relationship you have with your own professional accountancy body and provide additional services and support your work in the public services and pave the way for strong public financial management in Malaysia.
Eligibility for CIPFA membership
To apply you must be a member of MIA or MICPA, in good standing and with relevant work experience in the public sector, as outlined below:
• Five or more years experience - Chartered Public Finance Accountant (CPFA)
• Fewer than five years - Affiliate member of CIPFA (CIPFA Affil)*
* If you are awarded CIPFA Affiliate membership, or are a MIA or MICPA member working in non-public sector, you can gain CPFA status by successfully completing two exams from the CIPFA qualification. These are:
• governance, public policy and ethics
• public sector financial reporting.