If you are a member of the ICAG you are eligible to apply for membership of CIPFA - the globally recognised membership body for the public sector.
Being a member of CIPFA will increase your current professional status, respecting the relationship you have with your own professional accountancy body and provide additional services and support specifically for your work in the public services. As a CIPFA member you will join a network of key decision-makers and senior finance professionals across global public services and support our mission to advance public financial management on a global basis.
Eligibility for Affiliate membership of CIPFA
To apply you must be a member of ICAG in good standing and with relevant work experience in the public sector, as outlined below:
• Five or more years post-qualification public sector experience - Chartered Public Finance Accountant (CPFA).
• Fewer than five years post-qualification public sector experience - Affiliate member of CIPFA (CIPFA Affil).*
* If you are awarded CIPFA Affiliate membership, or are an ICAG member working in non-public sector, you can gain CPFA status by successfully completing exams from the CIPFA qualification.
Speak to an adviser to find out more.
ICAG members taking these exams pay no exemption fees and are exempt from our workplace practical experience requirements.
CIPFA will offer ICAG members a discounted annual membership subscription fee:
- CIPFA annual membership fee – GBP 77.
- CIPFA Affiliate membership fee – GBP 55.
Note that members admitted under the direct route will not have to pay an application fee.