Our information streams are regularly updated online guides to best practice, policy and legislation, covering the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies. They give you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
TISonline content is produced by expert contributors from all parts of the public sector on a ‘by practitioners, for practitioners’ basis. This vital service supports managers at all levels in their day-to-day activities. It also underpins professional development in a range of disciplines and professions.
The service is aimed at public sector accountants, auditors, financial managers and service managers, as well as those that work with the public sector. TISonline is also the perfect tool to help councillors understand how a local authority and its services work, and stay up to date with the latest policy developments and debate. A single subscription provides access for everyone in your organisation.
TISonline information streams
TISonline provides 34 information streams grouped under the following topics:
- accountancy, audit and risk: Internal Audit, Local Authority Accounting, Risk Management, Counter Fraud
- financial management: Asset Management, Budgeting, Capital, Financial Management and Corporate Governance, Human Resources, ICT and Business Transformation, Insurance, Pensions, Procurement, Treasury Management
- local authority funding: Charging, Government Grants and Business Rates Retention, Guide to the Council Tax England, Guide to the Council Tax Wales, Local Taxation
- local authority services: Adult Social Care and Health, Children's Services, Environmental Services, Leisure and Cultural Services, Local Authority Housing, Planning, Public Health, Transport
- other sectors: Charity Accounting and Financial Management, Housing Association Finance, Police and Fire, Social Enterprise
- taxation: Education VAT, Health VAT, Housing Associations and RSLs VAT, Local Authorities and Similar Bodies VAT, PAYE and National Insurance.
TISonline discussion forums
TISonline provides popular and active discussion forums on a range of topics including audit, finance, fraud and VAT. You can use these forums to ask questions, raise issues, exchange information and invite opinion from a broad practitioner network of many thousands of registered users.
Stay up to date on new TISonline content with our e-alerts. Each month we’ll let you know what’s happening in your chosen areas of interest, and include handy tips on how to get the best from TISonline, with information on technical developments on the website, plus other CIPFA news. Our instant emails let you know straight away when new guidance is available, and our forum e-alerts keep you up to date with new messages in the discussion forums.
How to subscribe
If your organisation already subscribes to TISonline, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.tisonline.net using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to E: email@example.com.
Subscribe and you'll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.