Past London Division events
Download presentation slides from London Division events
Evolution, Revolution - Devolution!
Friday 17 June 2016
The UK's Economic backdrop to Devolution
Chris Hare, Senior Economist, Investec
'Devo Manc' - reflections on the Manchester devolution deal
Jonanthan House, Partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
Building the Bid - the London approach
Guy Ware, London Council
Case Study: the Hackney Pilot
Tim Shields, Chief Executive, London Borough of Hackney
Good News, Bad News, The Comprehensive Spending Round-up
Friday 11 March 2016
Funding settlement - Social Care Issues
Andrew Webster, Director of Public Services and Health, KPMG
Comprehensive Spending Review round up - the CIPFA view
Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive, CIPFA
NHS England - Impact of the CSR and Planning 2015-2021
Stuart Saw, Director of Financial Strategy, NHS England
Comprehensive Spending Review 2015: A London Borough Perspective
Leigh Whitehouse, Director of Finance & Joint Interim Chief Executive, Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames
Our House, in the Middle of Our City – the Madness of Housing!
9 October 2015
1. Setting the scene for London
Phil Cliftlands, Partner, BDO
2. A national perspective
Jayesh Mistry, Assistant Director, PwC
3.The London Borough’s view
James Rolfe, Director of Finance, Resources and Customer Service, London Borough of Enfield, member of the Advisory Panel for Social Housing
4. Housing Association issues
Ken Youngman, Finance Director, Family Mosaic and chair of the G15 Finance Directors’ Group
Download The Madness of Housing presentation.
The Regeneration Game
17 June 2015
Sponsor: PA Consulting
- Economic Development of Things
Khalil Souki, PA Consulting
- London Infrastructure 2050
Jeremy Skinner, Head of Strategic Projects & Policy Evaluation, Greater London Authority
- Case Study: Tech City and beyond, Hackney’s experiences of Regeneration
Ian Williams, Corporate Director of Finance and Resources, London Borough of Hackney
Download The Regeneration Game presentation.
Social care - the elephant in the budget
10 March 2015
- What’s local government’s response to the changing agenda?
Chris Neill, Health and social care, PWC
- Financial Overview
Pete Turner, Director of Finance, London Borough of Bromley and Health and Social Care Lead for the Society of London Treasurers
- Compare, contrast and consider: why financial resilience is so important
Chris Moule, Grant Thornton
- A Practitioner Perspective
Ray James, Deputy President, Association of Directors of Adult Social Care (ADASS) and Director of HHASC, London Borough of Enfield
The changing shape of London – where next for public services?
24 October 2014
- What are the Issues?
Gareth Davies, Partner, Mazars
- Combining Fiscal Realism with a Plan for Deep Reform
Dr Rick Muir, Associate Director for Public Service Reform IPPR
- Adapting to the Realities – delivering the services that London can afford
Jon Rowney, Head of Fair Funding, Performance and Procurement, London Councils
Download ‘The Changing Shape of London – where next for Public Services?’ presentation.
Share and share alike – shared services in London
3 June 2014
Sponsor: Grant Thornton
- The 50:50 gamble: winning with elite shared services (PDF, 418 KB)
Carol Haag, PA Consulting
- Better Care Funding (PDF, 289 KB)
Ginette Beal, Grant Thornton
- Tri-Borough project (PDF, 1.73 MB)
Jane West, Executive Director of Finance and Corporate Governance, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- One Oracle (PDF, 493 KB)
Richard Simpson, Director of Finance & Assets, London Borough of Croydon
Further into the abyss or the road to recovery?
28 February 2013
Sponsor: Grant Thornton
London 2012 - who really won
9 October 2012
Sponsor: Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Dave Baldock, Strategic Finance and Commercial Development, LB Newham
- Julie Clark, Head of Sport and Leisure, and Mark Ambler, Director Economics, PwC
- Richard Brown, London Legacy Corporation
Rebuilding morale – the big leap after the cuts
29 February 2012
Sponsor: Amber Infrastructure and LEEF
- Rebuilding Morale: The Big Leap After The Cuts
Gareth Daniels, Chief Executive, London Borough of Brent
- Stress and Change
Ann McFadyen, McFadyen Consulting
- The Benefit of Energy Efficiency Retrofit to the Public Sector
Jenny Curtis, Operations Director, Amber Infrastructure
- Raising Morale after the Cuts
Duncan Whitfield, Director of Finance, London Borough of Southwark
Download the 'Rebuilding Morale – The Big Leap after the Cuts' presentation
Delivering the deficit reduction: rising phoenix or a dead parrot?
Sponsor: London Fire Brigade
11 October 2011
This event looked at the realities facing the public sector one year on from the 2010 CSR, and whether key assumptions were being delivered such as growth in tax income, reductions in spending levels (including benefits).
- Delivering Deficit Reduction: how much and for how long?
Tony Travers, London School of Economics
- Short-term demands and long-term needs. Can they both be met?
Rt Hon Simon Hughes, Deputy Leader, Liberal Democrats MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark and Stephen Jones,Director of Finance and Resources, LG Group
Download the 'Delivering the Deficit Reduction: Rising Phoenix or a Dead Parrot?' presentation (PowerPoint, 6.79MB)