CIPFA in the Midlands Students Society
Welcome to the CIPFA in the Midlands Students Society (CMSS)
What we do
We exist to represent students in the Midlands, supporting them through their studies and helping them to build a well-rounded career in public sector finance. In particular, CMSS:
has a place on the CIM council (held by the chair of CMSS)
- informs Midlands students on key updates to the professional qualification, such as the move to e-assessments
- arranges events to assist with CPD and provides an opportunity for students from across the region to meet and share experiences and contacts
- represents the Midlands in the national CIPFA Student Network to give Midlands students a voice on issues that matter to them.
Check back here for details of forthcoming events.
Who we are – the regional executive
- President: Emma Cannell, Keele University.
- Other members: Stephanie Quartermaine, Grant Thornton; Tess Barker, Grant Thornton; Louisa Harrison, NOMS; Emma Cable, Grant Thornton.
Getting in touch
CMSS is always keen to hear from students about almost anything. If volunteering formally is not your cup of tea, then ad hoc suggestions for events are welcome, as are comments on anything you think we are doing well or not-so-well. We are also happy to pass on any queries, concerns or feedback about the professional qualification and your studies to CIPFA via the CIPFA Student Network.
Any feedback will be shared amongst the student society but will remain otherwise confidential. E: email@example.com
Join the CMSS Facebook group for up to date information, discussions and comments.
In addition to students studying towards the CIPFA professional accountancy qualification, membership of CMSS is open to all AAT students working within the public sector across the midlands.
Getting involved in our events and maybe even volunteering to help is a great way of experiencing first-hand the natural progression from AAT to CIPFA. The region is lucky to have two excellent providers of CIPFA value-added courses on our doorstep, and fully qualified MAAT’s gain key exemptions from CIPFA’s certificate and diploma levels.
Please see the student advice and information page for more details.