About the programme
The colossal scale of fraud means that preventing it before it occurs is more important than ever.
The CIPFA Certificate in Fraud Risk Management (CFRM) builds on the skills of experienced counter fraud specialists, audit professionals and risk and compliance managers.
The programme is wide-ranging and aims to provide delegates with the knowledge to understand the principles of corporate governance and risk management as they relate to fraud risk, control and prevention.
The CFRM is a professional accredited qualification created by experts in fraud risk management from the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the fraud risks which public bodies and other organisations face
- identify the principles and framework of good corporate governance and understand where the management of fraud risks sits within this
- analyse, score and mitigate against inherent and residual fraud risks
- understand the concepts of control and assurance
- devise and implement a fraud response plan
- understand the full risk management lifecycle
- plan and conduct an entity-wide fraud risk assessment.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at:
- experienced counter fraud and investigation specialists
- audit and finance managers
- risk and compliance professionals.
Duration and mode of delivery
The course is completed over 15 days, which includes three days of classroom learning.
You will be required to complete:
- pre-course reading
- one 1,500 word reflective statement
- three days of classroom learning
- one multiple-choice and short answer knowledge assessment
- one 3,000 word course project.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded one year’s free CIPFA Affiliate membership, giving you access to a wealth of resources and use of the ‘CIPFA Affil’ designation.
To find out more, visit: www.cipfa.org/benefits
The CFRM carries 105 CPD points.
When and where?
This accredited programme is offered both in-house and at locations across the UK – click ‘Search course calendar’ above.
For more information about running it at your location, please contact the training team on T: 020 7543 5600 or E: email@example.com.
If no dates are currently scheduled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss future dates or having the course delivered in-house.
£995 +VAT per delegate (open course only).
If your organisation subscribes to the Counter Fraud Centre, you receive a 10% discount off the course fees.