The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) has convened a global panel of experts to generate fresh insights into public sector finance issues worldwide.
The Public Finance International Advisory Panel (IAP), launched today, comprises 32 public finance professionals from academia, international bodies and professional accounting organisations.
The IAP will facilitate professional and academic discussion and thought leadership on pan-public sector finance issues, including anti-corruption, internal control, budgetary management, accounting, auditing and performance reporting.
Khalid Hamid, CIPFA International Director and IAP Vice President, said:
“The IAP members and the wealth of their collective expertise cannot be understated. This panel represents a truly global collaboration that will provide valuable insight and analysis on some of the most pressing contemporary finance issues. Members will cover a range of pan-public sector topics, all impacting the world at large.
“Often the major issues we see are not unique to one country. Only by bringing together our partners from around the world will we be able to assess and challenge the conventional wisdom around change management in a public financial management environment.”
The panel’s work, including articles, interviews and research, will be published on the IAP LinkedIn showcase page.
Notes to Editor
The IAP includes members from:
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Durham University
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- European Court of Auditors
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
- SWAP Internal Audit Services
- Federal Court of Accounts, Brazil
- Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accountants (CIIPA)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GiZ)
- International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)
- World Bank
- National Audit Office UK
- Center of Excellence in Finance (CEF)
- Public Money & Management
- Spectrum Capital Partners
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean (ICAC)
- Development Bank of Latin America - CAF
- Office of the Auditor General, Botswana
- African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions - English (AFROSAI-E)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- University of Essex
- Office of the Auditor General, Cayman Islands
For further information please contact the CIPFA press office on 020 7543 5787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.