Work for leading public sector employers while you study.
We have some great trainee and apprentice opportunities available throughout the year for motivated individuals who want to start a rewarding career in public finance and accountancy. You could be placed with a leading public sector employer on a three year fixed term contract with full sponsorship to complete the CIPFA Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIPFA PQ).
Get in touch to find out more about our trainee and apprenticeship programmes.
CIPFA trainee and apprenticeship vacancies
Trainee Business Support Accountant - Dartford Borough Council
Salary: £27,195 - £41,578
Number of vacancies: One
Application closing date: 6 November 2022
Interview/assessment dates: week commencing 21 November
Starting date: TBC
To provide financial business support in a developing trainee role, including assisting in the production of management accounts, budgets and the council’s medium term financial strategy, final accounts, revenue and capital costings as well as getting involved in projects across the organisation.
To train to achieve the CIPFA professional qualification, ideally accessed through the Level 7 Professional Accountant Apprenticeship Standard.
- AAT level 3 qualification
- Finance and Accountancy degree (min 2.2)
- Significant finance experience and non-finance degree (min 2.1)
- Maths and English GCSE at B/6 or above.
- Support to study for the CIPFA professional qualification, with the payment of course fees, day release to attend college and leave to study for exams.
- An excellent package, including competitive salary, career average salary pension scheme, an employee benefit scheme offering a range of discounts and salary sacrifice schemes, flexitime and discounted leisure centre membership.
- On completion of training and achievement of the relevant milestones, this post will be eligible for pay increases with eventual appointment to the permanent position of Business Support Accountant.
- Flexible Working
- Free parking
About Dartford Borough Council
Dartford Borough Council is looking to train you to be the next generation of public sector financial manager. As well as training, you will be taking on responsibilities for a range of both regular and project support work. The post holder will already have limited relevant experience but more so will be able to demonstrate their ability to learn new skills and knowledge.
The Financial Services section is looking to strengthen its finance team and build future capacity. As part of a team of around 13 FTE you will have the opportunity to support all areas of the finance function and wider business giving you a broad experience of the Council and Local Authority Accounting whilst also having defined responsibilities and projects to complete. We will support you to study for the CIPFA professional qualification, with the payment of course fees, day release to attend college and leave to study for exams. More information on the qualification is available at the CIPFA web site. We plan to access the CIPFA Level 7 Professional Accountancy qualification through the apprenticeship route. However, we will sponsor this qualification outside of the apprenticeship route if this is not possible.
How to apply
Please apply on the Dartford Borough Council website