CIPFA's online information resource for public sector financial managers
TISonline is our subscription-based guidance service that is maintained by in-house public finance technical advisors. It covers a wide range of core competencies in the financial and service functions of local authorities and other bodies.
These regularly updated online guides cover best practice, policy and legislation, taking in the the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies. They offer a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you. A single subscription provides access for everyone in your organisation.
TISonline content is produced by expert contributors from all parts of the public sector. This vital service supports managers at all levels and underpins professional development.
It's aimed at public sector accountants, auditors, financial managers and service managers, as well as those that work with the public sector.
Benefits of a TISonline subscription
Stay up to date on new TISonline content with monthly digests sent direct to your inbox. We'll let you know what’s happening in your chosen areas of interest, and include handy tips on how to get the best from the service, with information on technical developments on the website.
Our instant emails also let you know about new guidance as soon as it's available.
- Accountancy, Audit and Risk: Internal Audit, Local Authority Accounting, Risk Management, Counter Fraud
- Financial Management: Asset Management, Budgeting, Capital, Financial Management and Corporate Governance, Human Resources, ICT and Business Transformation; Insurance, Pensions, Procurement, Treasury Management
- Local Authority Funding: Charging, Government Grants and Business Rates Retention, Guide to the Council Tax England, Guide to the Council Tax Wales, Local Taxation
- Local Authority Services: Adult Social Care and Health, Children's Services; Environmental Services; Leisure and Cultural Services, Local Authority Housing, Planning, Public Health, Transport
- Other Sectors: Charity Accounting and Financial Management, Housing Association Finance, Police and Fire, Social Enterprise
- Taxation: Education VAT, Health VAT; Housing Associations and RSLs VAT, Local Authorities and Similar Bodies VAT, PAYE and National Insurance
Subscribe to TISonline
To set up a new subscription, contact email@example.com. If your organisation already subscribes to TISonline, you can access it simply by registering and logging in using a work email address.