TISonline Budgeting is aimed at finance practitioners who have a particular interest in budgetary management. Identifying the key principles and core practical objectives of good budgetary management, and explaining the main types of budgetary model operating in the public sector, this information stream is a useful tool that will help organisations in the preparation of their budgets.
The information stream covers capital and revenue budgets, and examines the environment in which objectives are identified and pursued, and the reasons why they may not be achieved.
TISonline Budgeting discusses topics such as:
- the definition and objectives of budgeting theory
- budgetary models
- the basics of budgeting
- roles, responsibilities, framework and procedures for managing the budget
- budgeting strategy and financial planning
- capital expenditure budgets
- external environment to budgeting
- cross-sectoral issues in local government, the NHS and central government.
This information stream forms part of TISonline, CIPFA’s online information resource for public sector finance practitioners. Our information streams cover the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies, giving you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
How to access this service
If your organisation already subscribes to this TISonline information stream, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.tisonline.net using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to E: email@example.com.
Subscribe and you’ll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.