TISonline Local Authority Accounting
is aimed at all those needing to understand the local authority accounting framework and the codes of practice and guidance that underpin it. It explains the objectives of local authority accounting and reporting and the framework, and brings together the principal codes: the Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom, the Service Reporting Code of Practice, the Prudential Code and the Treasury Management Code of Practice. The codes are available via this information stream 12 months following their original publication by CIPFA.
An index of all CIPFA Local Authority Accounting Panel (LAAP) Bulletins is also provided, for topical guidance on specific issues and accounting developments.
- introduction to local authority accounting
- Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting
- Service Reporting Code of Practice
- Prudential Code for Capital Finance in Local Authorities
- Treasury Management Code of Practice
- LAAP Bulletins
- other CIPFA guidance.
This information stream forms part of TISonline, CIPFA’s online information resource for public sector finance practitioners. Our information streams cover the full range of financial and service functions of local authorities and other public service bodies, giving you a single point of access for essential, authoritative and comprehensive information and commentary on the topics that matter to you.
How to access this service
If your organisation already subscribes to this TISonline information stream, you can access it simply by registering and logging on at www.cipfa.org/tisonline using a work email address.
To set up a new subscription, complete the order form below and email it to E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe and you’ll benefit from:
- access for everyone in your organisation through a single subscription
- regularly updated guidance by practitioners working in your sector
- up-to-date information that keeps you informed on public sector finance issues
- e-alert services to let you know when new guidance is available in your areas of interest
- discussion forums for peer support, advice and sharing ideas.