Capital Strategies and Programming
This publication demystifies the jargon around capital and asset planning and is written in a non-technical way that will appeal to a wide audience both in the UK and elsewhere. It points to best practice, based on real life examples and experience across the public sector.
Download contents and samplepdf 50.08 KB
If you are a CIPFA Publications subscriber ... have you downloaded the Briefing Note to accompany this title?
The purpose of this guide is to help public sector organisations to:
- develop effective capital strategies
- integrate capital planning with asset management
- use their assets efficiently to achieve the best outcomes within constrained budgets.
The topics covered include:
- developing a capital strategy
- integrating asset planning and capital planning
- developing a capital programme
- capital financing and budgeting
- delivering the programme
- the impact of the 2008 financial crisis and how public sector organisations need to adapt their capital strategies in the new era of austerity.
This is the first time a comprehensive guide of this type has been published in the UK, and is aimed at everyone in the public sector who is involved in or would like to gain an understanding of the subject, including elected members, senior management and those working in corporate policy, capital programming, capital accounting, asset management and capital delivery.
This publication is available in hard copy and online.
The digital, online version is available as both searchable HTML and a bookmarked downloadable PDF of the publication that can be shared throughout your organisation. Customers will need to register and login to CIPFA’s website to access the publication.
Details of licensing arrangements for other categories of purchaser, which includes those organisations operating shared service arrangements, are available from CIPFA’s Publications Department.
You might also be interested in