Welfare Reform and its Effect on Local Government
This guide looks behind the bare text of welfare rules and regulations to the wider budget impacts. It is aimed at those who need to understand the financial impact of welfare reform on local government services, and operate housing benefit efficiently pending the arrival of universal credit.
Download contents and samplepdf 40.99 KB
If you are a CIPFA Publications subscriber ... have you downloaded the Briefing Note to accompany this title?
Topics covered include:
- local council tax reduction schemes
- April 2014 rules on supported exempt accommodation
- 2014/15 rules on updating local housing allowance rates
- loss of authorities’ fraud investigation powers
- discretionary housing payments
- the implementation of universal credit
- local support partnerships
- the move from disability living allowance to personal independence payments.
The guide will prove a great source for anybody faced with tackling these financial planning challenges, and also includes a useful bibliography and explains the ever growing list of acronyms used in the field.
This publication is available in hard copy and online.
The digital, online version is available as both searchable HTML and a bookmarked downloadable PDF of the publication that can be shared throughout your organisation. Customers will need to register and login to CIPFA’s website to access the publication.
Details of licensing arrangements for other categories of purchaser, which includes those organisations operating shared service arrangements, are available from CIPFA's Publications Department.
You might also be interested in