- Home \
- Training \
- Introduction to Sustainability in Procurement e-learning
Introduction to Sustainability in Procurement e-learning
This four-hour e-learning course offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject of sustainability in a procurement context. It explores what is required to ensure a sustainable approach to procurement and contract management when organisations are spending public monies with third parties.
All CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount, this will be applied at checkout.
Tel +44 (0)20 7543 5600
£99.00 excl VAT
Network Member Price
*the event has started.
About this event
The Introduction to Sustainability in Procurement e-learning offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject of sustainability in a procurement context.
It is aimed at those who are working in the public sector, either in a specialist procurement role, or in a management or finance role with some responsibility for procurement.
It is delivered online. Detailed joining instructions will be sent to you.
It will take around four hours to complete and you will have access to the learning materials for three months.
The e-learning covers:
- Setting the scene – UN SDGs and how the UK has adopted them into the UK Social Value Model.
- Stakeholder engagement to determine and achieve common goals.
- The role of procurement and/or contract management in developing the reporting mechanisms for the organisation’s sustainability agenda.
- The UK Social Value Model and its use in procurement.
- The importance of pre-market engagement with suppliers.
- Developing criteria to support the selection of suppliers who have common values with the organisation.
- Methodologies that will measure performance and hold suppliers to account in the delivery of sustainable goals.
- Measuring and monitoring social value creation.
- Monitoring and reporting against KPIs and taking action in the event of any failure to perform.
This e-learning carries four CPD hours.