You may be exempt from certain exams if you hold a relevant qualification.
Please consult your manager before submitting an application as your organisation may not permit exemptions.
How to apply for exemptions
1. Register as a CIPFA Student
2. Ensure you meet the minimum requirements
You may qualify for exemptions if:
- You have achieved relevant qualifications in the last decade from an institute of higher learning.
- You hold an active membership from your professional awarding body.
Please note that:
- Work experience will not be accepted as evidence of prior learning.
- Exemptions will not be granted where students have previously failed comparable subjects at CIPFA.
- Having exemptions from another professional awarding body does not guarantee that you will be awarded exemptions at CIPFA.
3. Check whether or not your institute and qualification are listed below in 'Find your exemptions'
If your institute and qualification are listed below in 'Find your exemptions', you may forward copies of your certificate and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Exemption Request'.
If your institute and qualification aren’t detailed below in 'Find your exemptions', you can send on copies of your certificate, transcript and syllabus to email@example.com. Applications that fail to include all three documents will be rejected. If you do not have a copy of your syllabus this can be requested from your institute of higher learning.
4. Await your feedback
Once your application has been submitted you can expect an automated message confirming receipt of your email. The team will respond to your application within 28 working days. Please note that CIPFA is closed on weekends and UK bank holidays.
5. Pay for your exemptions
Successful applicants will find further information on how to pay for their exemptions in their confirmation email.
Exemptions are priced at £100.00 per module.