The resources available to archive visitors are increasing and their demands are becoming more sophisticated. As a result the demands on archive staff have become more complex and their roles have shifted from acting as an information signpost to providing a broad range of support to visitors.
On a national level, the survey presents an opportunity to benchmark against other archives and understand overall customer profiles.
It demonstrates to your customers, partners and funders that you are committed to meeting service needs as part of a continuous improvement process and is a way of understanding who is making use of archive services and obtaining the demographic profiles of your customers.
Capture the visitor journey by understanding:
- preparations taken in advance of their visit
- impressions of staff, services and facilities
- the consequences of their visit.
- how to improve services and communication
- whether your users’ demands are being met
- why users visit the archive
- your user demographics
- how your customers’ responses compare to those of other archives
- how your archives compare against others and over time
- how service modifications have affected usage.
We provide you with a questionnaire that is updated to reflect the needs of the sector, provide you with online and hard copy options to collect and return customer feedback, scan and analyse your returns and provide you with a comprehensive, comparative report.
For more information, please email E: email@example.com
or download the flyer
CIPFA would like to thank the Archives and Records Association for their contribution to the survey’s developments.