Gain the in-depth knowledge, understanding and skills needed to manage an effective, entity-wide risk management framework
A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members.
- Book now for course starting 22 February 2023
- Book now for course starting 26 April 2023
- Book now for course starting 14 June 2023
- Book now for course starting 13 September 2023
- Book now for course start 1 November 2023
About the programme
Fraud is occurring on a colossal scale — preventing it before it occurs has never been more important. The CIPFA Certificate in Fraud Risk Management (CFRM) gives you the knowledge to understand the principles of corporate governance and risk management as they relate to fraud risk, control and prevention. It builds on the skills of experienced counter fraud specialists, audit professionals and risk and compliance managers. The CFRM is a professional accredited qualification created by experts in fraud risk management.
Delegates achieving both the CFRM and the Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist will be awarded the CIPFA Diploma in Counter Fraud Management.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the risks which public bodies and other organisations face
- identify the principles and framework of good corporate governance and the management of fraud risks
- analyse, score and mitigate inherent and residual fraud risks
- understand concepts of control and assurance
- devise and implement a fraud response plan
- understand the full risk management lifecycle
- plan and conduct an entity-wide fraud risk assessment
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at:
- experienced counter fraud and investigation specialists
- audit and finance managers
- risk and compliance professionals
Duration and mode of delivery
The course is completed over 15 days. This includes three days of classroom learning, currently delivered online.
You will be required to complete:
- pre-course reading
- a 1,500 word reflective statement
- three days of classroom learning
- a multiple-choice and short answer knowledge assessment
- a 3,000 word course project
The programme can be delivered in-house. This is especially cost-effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation's unique needs and context. For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
£1,150 +VAT per delegate (open course only). A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members.
This course carries 105 CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.