All CIPFA members and employees of organisations that subscribe to the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre receive 10% off the price of this course.
About the programme
The colossal scale of fraud means that preventing it before it occurs is more important than ever.
The CIPFA Certificate in Fraud Risk Management (CFRM) builds on the skills of experienced counter fraud specialists, audit professionals and risk and compliance managers.
The programme is wide-ranging and is focused on giving you the knowledge to understand the principles of corporate governance and risk management as they relate to fraud risk, control and prevention.
The CFRM is a professional accredited qualification created by experts in fraud risk management from the CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre.
Delegates achieving both the CFRM and the Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist will be awarded the CIPFA Diploma in Financial Crime Management.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the fraud risks which public bodies and other organisations face
- identify the principles and framework of good corporate governance and understand where the management of fraud risks sits within this
- analyse, score and mitigate against inherent and residual fraud risks
- understand the concepts of control and assurance
- devise and implement a fraud response plan
- understand the full risk management lifecycle
- plan and conduct an entity-wide fraud risk assessment.
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at:
- experienced counter fraud and investigation specialists
- audit and finance managers
- risk and compliance professionals.
Duration and mode of delivery
The course is completed over 15 days, which includes three days of classroom learning.
You will be required to complete:
- pre-course reading
- one 1,500 word reflective statement
- three days of classroom learning
- one multiple-choice and short answer knowledge assessment
- one 3,000 word course project.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership. If you’re not already a CIPFA member, this is a great way to access a wealth of resources and networking opportunities.
To find out more and apply, click on ‘Other professionals’ at: www.cipfa.org/join.
The programme can be delivered in-house at your location, saving you valuable time and money.
This is especially cost-effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation’s unique needs and context.
For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
£1,050 +VAT per delegate (open course only).
A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members and employees of organisations that subscribe to the Counter Fraud Centre.
This course carries 105 CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
For full details visit: www.cipfa.org/cpd