A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members, employees of organisations that subscribe to the Counter Fraud Centre and NHS employees who quote 'HFMA'.
About this course
The CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS) qualification focuses on the specialist counter fraud knowledge and skills required for the effective management of fraud.
Featuring case studies drawn from across public bodies, the CIPFA ACFS syllabus has been set by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board and focuses on economic crime to enable students to experience practical scenarios while learning counter fraud best practice methodologies.
ACFS courses conducted in Scotland refer specifically to Scottish legislation and sources of law.
Delegates achieving both the ACFS and Certificate in Fraud Risk Management can be awarded the CIPFA Diploma in Counter Fraud Management.
Who is it for?
- Practitioners with counter fraud responsibilities
- Investigators, investigator managers, supervisors and internal audit staff.
What will you learn?
The programme focuses on:
- up-to-date sources of law that set out fraud and other acquisitive crime offences, including theft, bribery and money-laundering
- current procedural legislation and the legal framework within which fraud must be investigated
- creating an anti-fraud culture
- the professional investigation of reports of fraud from beginning to end and to a robust evidential standard.
The CIPFA ACFS is completed over 28 days, which includes:
- four days of pre-course, self-directed learning
- 14 days of classroom learning - currently being delivered online
- 10 days to complete the three course assignments.
You will be assessed via:
- module exams
- written assignments
- role play exercises observed by your trainer
- formative assessment (workbooks)
- group and individual exercises.
You will also be given a set of pre-course technical manuals, which you will need to read in advance of each module starting.
When you have successfully completed the programme you will be accredited by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board.
Case study: Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)
In May 2018, seven counter fraud professionals from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) and West Lothian council became the first in the country to receive the Scotland Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS) award – a version of the ACFS qualification specifically tailored by CIPFA for Scottish legislative and legal requirements.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership. If you're not already a CIPFA member, this is a great way to access a wealth of resources and networking opportunities.
To find out more and apply, click on 'Other professionals' at: www.cipfa.org/join
The programme can be delivered in-house.
This is especially cost-effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation's unique needs and context.
For more information about running the programme in-house, contact us at: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
£2,400 +VAT per delegate (open course only).
A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members and employees of organisations that subscribe to the Counter Fraud Centre.
This course carries 200 CPD hours
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
For full details visit: www.cipfa.org/cpd