About this course
The CIPFA Counter Fraud Centre has developed the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS) qualification to protect the public purse through prevention, detection and recovery of fraud.
The qualification teaches participants the specialist counter fraud knowledge and skills required for effective end-to-end management of fraud, and why it is so vitally important for organisations within the public sector to take accountability and assist law enforcement in eradicating fraudulent activity to safeguard public funds.
Featuring case studies drawn from across public bodies, the CIPFA ACFS syllabus has been set by the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board in conjunction with the University of Portsmouth’s Centre for Counter Fraud Studies, and focuses on economic crime to enable students to experience practical scenarios while learning counter fraud best practice methodologies.
ACFS courses conducted in Scotland refer specifically to Scottish legislation and sources of law.
Who is it for?
- Practitioners in the public sector with counter fraud responsibilities.
- Investigators, investigator managers, supervisors and internal audit staff.
What will you learn?
The programme focuses on:
- up-to-date sources of law that set out fraud and other acquisitive crime offences, including theft, bribery and money-laundering
- current procedural legislation and the legal framework within which fraud must be investigated
- creating an anti-fraud culture and the implementation of preventative measures
- the professional investigation of reports of fraud from beginning to end and to a robust evidential standard.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership. If you’re not already a CIPFA member, this is a great way to access a wealth of resources and networking opportunities.
To find out more and apply, click on ‘Other professionals’ at: www.cipfa.org/join.
When and where?
This accredited programme is offered both in-house and at locations across the UK.
For more information about running it at your location, please contact the training team on T: 020 7543 5600 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For date and location details, please search our counter fraud course calendar.
If no dates are currently scheduled, please contact email@example.com to discuss future dates or having the course delivered in-house.
£2,900 +VAT per delegate (open course only).
If your organisation subscribes to the Counter Fraud Centre, you receive a 10% discount off the course fees.
This course carries 200 CPD hours.